Warehouse Night Shift
SUMMARY: As an Order Selector, your primary responsibility is to fill customer orders in a safe and efficient manner. You must select, label, and shrink-wrap products from our warehouse on to well-constructed pallets. Pallets must be assembled in such a way to prevent damages and errors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hand select products from our various warehouse environments (cooler, freezer, dry)
- Stack products on to pallets in accordance with guidelines and procedures
- Frequently lift products ranging in weight from 1 to 100 lbs
- Frequently bending, twisting, and reaching to retrieve items from upper, middle and lower levels of shelving racks
- Operate pallet jacks and other equipment consistent with safety guidelines
- Stage pallets for loading on proper dock door locations
- Shrink-wrap pallets in accordance with established standards
- Follow established sanitation standards
- Attend all required company meetings
- Other duties may be assigned
You are required to operate an electric pallet jack to transport products throughout our warehouse. You are required to work varying schedules to ensure shipment of all customer orders as determined by business needs - this includes weekends and holidays.
This job requires working in changing climate conditions with temperatures ranging from cold (cooler and freezer) to hot and humid zones
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to meet or exceed our established productivity goals, working rapidly at a constant pace for the entire shift
- Meet or exceed our established accuracy and quality goals
- Ability to develop a good working knowledge of product, placement, and inventory control techniques relevant to this function
- Energetic, motivated, positive and constructive attitude
- Ability to endure adverse conditions, difficult schedules, and fatigue
- Must have a reliable means of transportation to get to and from work
- Ability to understand and speak Spanish a plus, but is not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, and heavy palletized product in high, precarious places. Employees may work in the main warehouse, freezer, cooler, or on company grounds as requested by the manager. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
*This job description is a work in progress and subject to change as the position and responsibilities evolves.