SUMMARY: Responsible for unloading merchandise from our trucks at customers’ premises in an orderly and safe fashion. To restaurants and grocery stores primarily located in the Southeastern, Midwestern and Northern United States.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers food products to restaurants and grocery stores
- Unloads deliveries by hand, from a trailer carrying up to 40,000 pounds (20 tons)
- Utilizes a hand truck with product in bundles of 50 pounds
- Utilizes a ramp whenever accessible, otherwise unloads from the truck to the ground
- Puts the merchandise onto the hand truck
- Moves the product to the customer’s designated area
- Removes product from hand truck and restacks merchandise if requested by customer, sometimes near or inside a cooler of freezer, but does no merchandising
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; see, talk and hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
*This job description is a work in progress and subject to change as the position and responsibilities evolves.