Receptionist Front Desk Coordinator – FT
SUMMARY: Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. Responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, and additional clerical duties. Expected to have the switchboard open and operating promptly at 8:30 am, throughout the day until 5:30 pm. Relief switchboard coverage will be provided for one hour lunch break. The Front Desk Coordinator should work with relief coverage to determine appropriate times for lunch and breaks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Professionally administer all incoming calls by answering telephone within 3 rings and directing callers to the appropriate person
- Provides job applicants with information on open positions and gives out applications to applicants
- Ensures phone calls are redirected accordingly by transferring calls to another associate or the associate’s voice mailbox when applicable
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information
- Greets guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner; ensures that guests sign in and do not roam the building unless escorted by an employee of Diaz Foods
- Receives, sorts and delivers incoming mail to associates; retrieves outgoing mail and correspondence from associates during delivery
- Updates and distributes employee phone directory at least every other week
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.) and keeps mail supplies stocked
- Assists in the receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies as needed
- Checks the copy machine toner every Friday and order as needed.
- Assists other departments as needed with Supervisor’s approval
- Performs maintenance on copy and fax machines when needed; notifies Systems Administrator that maintenance is needed when applicable or unable to fix
- Enter daily lunch deductions and calculate total every 2 weeks by Monday at noon.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties such as typing, photocopying, faxing, filing and collating with Supervisor’s approval.
- Assist in the coordination of all promotions, food shows and trade show with Supervisor’s approval.
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Able to work with minimum supervisionShould be customer service driven
- Knowledge of computers
- Able to multi-task and organize
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments
*This job description is a work in progress and subject to change as the position and responsibilities evolves.