Collections Debt Collector – FT
SUMMARY: Seeking an experienced debt collector to work in our Collections Department. 2 to 5 years experience in collections with a strong sales and or customer service background is required. The debt collector will assist the collections department with daily administrative functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts- Customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write off, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Must communicate & follow up effectively with sales dept regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with dealers and sales.
- Overall administration of the collections process in the handling of:
- Monitor past due accounts
- Make collections calls
- Make payment arrangements
- Mail customer statements
- Research customers with skipped invoices
- Call customers with non-sufficient funds check
- Conduct research on customer accounts with short payments
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English
- Quality orientation and attention to detail
- Problem analysis and problem resolution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High performance and a strong team player
- Quality management
- Maintaining compliance with policies and procedures
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook and Internet searches
- Cash management and negotiation skills
*This job description is a work in progress and subject to change as the position and responsibilities evolves.